Looking out to abscond the hustle and bustle city life and feel rejuvenated in the lap of nature, what better gateway than the little quaint reservoir in Sohna district of Haryana i.e. the famous Damdama Lake. Being located just a few kilometers south of Gurgaon is widely famous among Delhiites as the hub of luxury to budget hotels in Gurgaon near the lake. From being the focal point of corporate team building activity, picnic spots among Delhiites to one day retreat, this beautiful natural lake has it all. This lake is also home to numerous species of birds including egrets, kingfisher etc., making it a hot destination for bird-watching enthusiasts as well. Nor will the lake provide enthralling adventure experiences but also stunning photography options with its mesmerizing views. It is listed among the most beautiful natural lakes in India.
I would definitely say, visit this natural lake near Aravalli Lake is must part of your to-do checklist while here in Delhi. Yet not convinced why this lake is a must visit once in your lifetime, read through to get all queries answered.
How to reach?
Damdama Lake is located at a distance 60 Kms from New Delhi which is connected from all major cities of India via air/rail/road. Various private cabs/taxis and bus operators ply the lake from Delhi or Gurgaon. One can also take the famous Delhi metro from any part of Delhi up to Huda City Centre Metro station in Gurgaon which is just 30 mins away from the lake. It is well connected by road on Delhi-Alwar highway.
Best time of visit
In order to find the lake at its best of beauty and without the weather becoming a hindrance, October-March is the best time to visit as winters here during these months is a pleasurable experience. Be it bird watching or just soaking in the mesmerizing views, these months are the best time if planning your trip to the lake.
If still not convinced that a place is such close vicinity of Delhi worth a visit, then bellow is enlisted few reasons which will definitely turn your confusion into a “Yes, let’s visit!!”
- This lake is the perfect call for adventure seekers with its activities of boating, Horse riding, a Hot air balloon and rock climbing.
- If looking out for some camping fun not far away, then this lake is the answer with its Damdama Adventure camp consisting of mud huts for nature stay
- Of course!! How can we miss out stay in luxury resorts and spa near the lake? Luxury accommodation options such as The Gateway Resort Damdama Lake, Botanix Nature Resort.
- Great option for a one full day picnic spot at nominal charges of Rs.950 INR for adult and Rs.550 INR for kids which includes breakfast, lunch and different rural activities.
- The budget option of stay or just replenish your appetite in your day trip than Saras Tourist Resort on the banks of the lake is your choice as must visit.
Wait no more, be it that you are planning your team building destination or just looking out to spend some time with your family away from hustle bustle of the city, Damdama Lake is your destination!!